Monday, August 1, 2011

MARASCHINO by Catherine Jones

For my few close friends who have known me for years, they know that I have lots of passions. That isn't hard to tell for those who even just met me yesterday! But before I modeled or even did makeup or styling, I obsessively created. I owe a lot to my upbringing on a farm with a mile and a half long gravel driveway and my homeschooled education which left me constantly finding ways to entertain myself. My mom would give me old clothes to revamp into new styles (sometimes secretly my father's, much to his dismay) and my grandmother would give me scrap fabrics to keep me busy. It wasn't long before I realized that you could make just about any odd, home grown outfit look couture with the right accessories! And thus at the age of twelve I became obsessed... with jewelry.

I was that girl who sold friendship bracelets out of a shoebox on the playground for a quarter - AND took custom orders. In 2007 I created a line which catered to custom bridal orders and classy, timeless pieces that incorporated antique and vintage jewelry and parts. As it started doing well, I simultaneously began getting modeling work, and makeup artistry soon followed and thoroughly absorbed the rest of my efforts. It was a sad day when I had to put it all on hold until the time was right to relaunch - and I am SO excited!!

I like to incorporate elements of freedom and movement in most of my pieces. And of course, lots of SPARKLE! I believe in the mystery of old Hollywood glamour and that at the heart of every starlet there is silly girl who wants to have fun, be free to love, and feel beautiful. I am cheesy you say? Heck yeah I am. But it's the truth and I think that will show through. ;-)
There are so many things to come!

Be a fan on Facebook - MARASCHINO FANS - to stay updated on the latest pieces, showings and locations.

Stay tuned for my lookbook coming soon... weeeeee!!!!!!




photos by Andrew Kung Photography

No comments:

Post a Comment