Saturday, August 7, 2010

A Hot July Evening in Berea with Alicia C. And Laura Kirkpatrick




A couple of weeks ago, photographer Alicia Calton asked model Laura Kirkpatrick from ANTM and myself if we would mind being a part of a live photoshoot that she was doing as part of a class she was teaching in Berea during the summer to highschool students. We are both Alicia fans so naturally we were up for it.


Well, the day ended up being miserably steamy and just plain nasty-hot. Make-up was melting and clothes were sticking everywhere. When Laura arrived I had ten minutes to put her through the fastest hair & makeup regimen I think I've ever pulled off for a shoot - I felt like I was on a reality show. (Luckily she is ridiculously flawless and made that job way too easy :-) We then shot the first set together and answered questions and talked with the students. A few even got to take a few shots of their own. It was a very talented group of kids and I am very excited to see what in store for their futures! The location was the Berea College Farm and it was full of sunflowers and a gigantic magical weeping willow (my FAVORITE trees ever!). I had so much fun seeing Laura for a last time before her big move to Los Angeles and I cannot wait to see the rest of the pictures as they get released!

Here's a sneak peak with some behind the scenes photos!








No comments:

Post a Comment