Saturday, June 18, 2011

A WEEKEND in NYC

I recently returned from a trip to the Big Apple were I went in search of art and inspiration, and found both in mass quantities!
Highlights: Had a GREAT time staying at the brand-spanking-new hotel called "YOTEL" on 570 Tenth Avenue. It was super sleek and modern in a spaceage 'Jetson's meets Austin Powers' sort of way. It even had a smooth and sexy baggage checker named "Yobot" that checked your luggage for you! Nifty! It's definitly worth staying there for the experience.



The Alexander McQueen Exhibit at the MET is an absolute must see. It ends August 7th, so if you have to opportunity to make it before then I really recommend it! There are over 100 pieces in the exhibit. It is breathtaking to see the works of art so up close, and to fully understand what a huge impact he made on the world of fashion. The attention to detail and craftsmanship is jaw droppng and almost surreal. I could have stood in those galleries for hours just soaking it all in. Go see it before it is gone! Go here to read more about it and to see photos:
http://blog.metmuseum.org/alexandermcqueen/about/


The LION KING on Broadway = Awesome!!! Seriously, it was incredible and not just for kids... in fact, I feel like adults would enjoy and appreciate it so much more. The music, costumes, and energy of it was refreshing and uplifting!


"BOOKMARC" by Marc Jacobs. Yes, he has a little corner book store. And its dang cute. You can find the artsiest of coffeetable books and funky little things like jewelry and bags that only Marc Jacobs would come up with. There, I found my favorite tote of all totes - for only $35!! Check it out - 400 Bleecker Street NYC


I almost flipped when I walked through the fashion district and saw all the fabric shops! I was like a kid in a candy store!! That street makes anyone want to be a designer. So many colors and patterns... it made my head hurt. Next time I go, I am taking an extra suitcase to fill with beautiful things! Between the Alexander McQueen exhibit and all creative shops, I feel like it may be time to break out the 'ol sewing machine again! Hmmmm. Should be interesting!

Hope to get back soon - way too much to do for one lifetime! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment