Wednesday, March 14, 2012

Sophisticated Living Magazine: Cover and Fashion Spread!



































Those who know me, know that one of my absolute favorite publications is Sophisticated Living Magazine. It is full of gorgeous homes, breathtaking places to visit, events around the world, interesting art and finds... and of course, fantastic fashions.

I was ecstatic when I was asked to model in their March/April edition fashion spread! It was shot on a cool day in early February, and thank goodness mother nature was cooperative and gave us a somewhat warm, and sunny day! Nick Carter was my hairstylist/makeup artist and gave my long locks the look of a short vintage bob! I adored it. For those of you who got worried, you'll be happy to know that I did NOT cut my hair... though it is often tempting! (I have actually worn it this way a few times since then - thanks for the trick Mr. Carter!)





My fellow models for the shoot were the beautiful Amanda Christine Ross from New View Model Management in Cincinnati and a fine gentleman named Allie Filley. Our photographer was Andrew Kung, so it was guaranteed to be an awesome, successful day!

The clothing was almost excessive. There were racks of Dolce & Gabbana, Rodarte, Manolo Blahnik, Ferragamo... the list goes on. I was in heaven with sparkling diamonds and accessories galore, and of COURSE we cannot forget the Derby hats. Tis the season after all! We shot SO many looks throughout the course of that long day, one right after the other. My favorite of which has got to be the floral Dolce & Gabbana number that I wore in a shot with Allie. It was perfection... until I saw the tag. Le sigh. A girl can dream.

Here are shots from the spread as well as the cover for the Lexington edition with Amanda Ross - which was a huge shock to me! I am incredibly honored to have been able to work with such an inspiring group of people for an incredible magazine.Thank you so much to everyone involved and for all of your constant help and great ideas! I had SO much fun!

To see the full fashion spread, and all the other fascinating things that this wonderful publication has to offer, you can pick up Sophisticated Living Magazine at Barnes & Noble in the following cities: Louisville KY, Lexington KY, Cincinnati OH, and Indianapolis IN. Or check out www.slmag.net for the digital versions.









No comments:

Post a Comment